Assistant Professor Dr.Nathupakorn Dechsupa
Assistant Professor Dr. Nathupakorn Dechsupa, Ph.D. AMS Cancer Research Unit, Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University, Thailand Assistant Professor of Radiologic Technology Assistant Professor Dr. Nathupakorn Dechsupa is Assistant Professor of Radiologic Technology within Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences at the Chiang Mai University, Thailand. Nathupakorn Dechsupa graduated from Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University. He completed his doctoral research on a study of apoptosis-inducing action of Siamois red wine polyphenols in breast cancer MDA-MB-435 cells xenografted in athymic nude mice: Molecular imaging and histochemical evidence. He has been a lecturer in molecular imaging, biophysics and radiobiology in the Department of Radiologic Technology. His research activity focuses on developing molecular imaging probes / theranostic agents that derived from Thai natural products for (MRI, CT, PET, SPECT and Optical) imaging and therapy degenerative disease (such as cancer).
B.Sc. (Physics), Faculty of Science, Burapha University
M.Sc. (Biological Science), Faculty of Science, Burapha University
Ph.D. (Biomedical Sciences), Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University
1. Dechsupa N, Kattiya K, Chaiyarith P, Kantawang C, Wongmuang K. Development of manganese-quercetin complexes as a cancer theranostic agent using for MRI. The 1st International Annual Meeting of the Society of Molecular Imaging of Thailand: Co-organized by WMIS, EUSMI and FASMI April 9-11, 2012, Bangkok, Thailand. (Oral)
1. Dechsupa N. and Mankhetkorn S.,Development of manganese-quercetin complex for molecular imaging of cancer using MRI, World Congress on Biotechnology, Advances in Industrial Biotechnology 21-23 March 2011, Hyderabad, INDIA. (Oral)
1. Jaruchainiwat S, Dechsupa N, Chanunpanich N, Mankhetkorn S. Characterization of cell communities and tissues originate from peripheral blood stem cell cultured on 3D-PVDF nanofibrous scaffold for 90 days by scanning electron microscopy and energy dispersive X-ray analysis. The 1st International Annual Meeting of the Society of Molecular Imaging of Thailand: Co-organized by WMIS, EUSMI and FASMI April 9-11, 2012, Bangkok, Thailand
1. Dechsupa N, Suttana W, Loetchutinat C, Tungjai M, Mugsichai C, Mankhetkorn S. The intracellular targets and apoptosis-inducing activity of Siamois? in drug-sensitive and drug-resistant cancer cells. The 1st International Annual Meeting of the Society of Molecular Imaging of Thailand: Co-organized by WMIS, EUSMI and FASMI April 9-11, 2012, Bangkok, Thailand.
1. Dechsupa N, Udomtanakunchai C, Dutsadee S, Kriensak K, and Mankhetkorn S (2012). Evaluation iron pool in cancer cells and tissues and its validation as inflammation biomarker of early stage of cancer by Ferric-desferoxamin MR imaging, World Molecular Imaging Congress 2012, September 5-8, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland.
1. Daowtak K, Jawana A, Intachai N, Dechsupa N, Udomtanakunchai C, and Mankhetkorn S. Ferric-desferoxamin MR imaging of multidrug resistance associated protein 1 function in Wistar rats implanted with human small cell lung carcinoma drug sensitive and its corresponding multidrug resistance overexpression MRP1 cells. World Molecular Imaging Congress 2012, September 5-8, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland.
1. Kantakam P, Udom-Uttaracheva A, Chaichana A, Moonkum N, Sanjai C, Kothan S, Dechsupa N, Udomtanakunchai C, and Mankhetkorn S. Influence of ferric-desferoxamin complex on enhancement of T1 and T2 relaxation of proton in tissue equivalent phantoms and its biodistribution in rats. World Molecular Imaging Congress 2012, September 5-8, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland.
1. Udomtanakunchai C, Dechsupa N, Udom-uttaracheewa A, Yawilo R, Kantapan J, Mankhetkorn S. Establishment and characterization of the temporally immune suppressed wistar rat xenograffed human small cell lung carcinoma by MRI/NMR and histochemistry. World Molecular Imaging Congress 2012, September 5-8, 2012 in Dublin, Ireland.
Selected current projects
1. Atomic Magnetometer for Precision Measurements of Brain and Heart Magnetic Signals
2. Biocompatible tannin acid ; A molecular tool for imaging (MRI) and treatment of diseases associated with abnormal iron homeostasis
3. Development of Fe-tannic molecular nanoparticles for medical applications
4. Imaging of cancer stem cell and early metastatic cancer using EpCAM aptamer-fluorescent NPs conjugate
5. Development of targeted multimodal imaging agent in ionizing radiation-free approach for visualizing hepatocellular carcinoma
1. Molecular imaging probes
2. Theranostic agents
3. Natural products and Drug discovery
4. Cancer biology and therapy
1. Kantapan J., Dejphirattanamongkhol S., Daowtak K., Roytrakul S., Sangthong P., Dechsupa N. Ex-vivo expansion of EPCs derived from human peripheral blood mononuclear cells by Iron-Quercetin complex. Biomedical Research (2017). Accepted
2. Kantapan J., Daowtak K., Gateprayoon K., Sangthong P., and Dechsupa N. Quercetin Iron (III) Complex Enhances Radiation-Induced Cell Death in Human Erythroleukemic Cell Lines by Increasing the Generation of Intracellular ROS. American Journal of Applied Sciences, 2017; 14(1): 104-115. DOI: 10.3844/ajassp.2017.104.115
3. Dechsupa N., Udomtanakunchai C., Udom-Utraracheva A., Suttho D., Pazart L., Humbert P., Garrigos M., and MankhetkornS. Visualization of Inflammation at Early Stage of Lung Cancer in Xenografted Temporally Immunosuppression Rats by Ferrioxamine Magnetic Resonance Imaging. International Journal of Molecular Imaging, Volume 2016 (2016), Article ID 8434308, 9 pages, http://dx.doi.org/10.1155/2016/8434308
4. Kantapan J. and Dechsupa N., The effects of a magnetic IronQ complex on endothelial progenitor cells expansion in vitro, Bulletin Chiang Mai Associated Medical Sciences, 2016; 49(1): 106-113.
5. Tungjaj M, Dechsupa N. Assessment of mobile Lipids with 1H-NMR spectroscopy in enriched CD34+ human peripheral blood stem cells/progenitor cells after exposure to polyenergetic medical diagnostic x-rays. IJABME, 2014: 7(1). 61-65.
6. Sangnark W., Pongyupinpanich S., Pintavirooj C., Dechsupa N., and Kiattisin S. Feasibility and Conceptual Design of Non-Invasive LF System for Therapeutic Applications. The 2014 Biomedical Engineering International Conference (BMEiCON-2014), Fukuoka, Japan 26-28 November 2014. IEEE Catalog Number: CFP1458R-POD, ISBN: 978-1-4799-6802-2; 88-92.
7. Dechsupa N., PET-MR medical imaging technology, Bulletin Chiang Mai Associated Medical Sciences, 2013; 46(2): 81-106.
8. Suttana W., Dechsupa N., and Mankhetkorn S., Preparation of maprang seed extracts and evaluation of their anti-proliferative activity against drug-sensitive and drug-resistant leukemic and lung cancer cells Srinakarind Med J, 2013; 28(1): 100-9.
9. Choiprasert W., Loetchutinat C., Dechsupa N., and Mankhetkorn S., Relation between macroscopic binding constant and the anticancer efficacy of the bovine serum albumin-quercetin complex against drug-sensitive and drug-resistant cells, American Journal of Biochemistry and Biotechnology, 2011; 7 (1):10-20.
10. Choiprasert W., Dechsupa N., Kothan S., Garrigos M., and Mankhetkorn S., Quercetin, quercetrin except rutin potentially increased pirarubicin cytotoxicity by non-competitively inhibiting the P-glycoprotein-and MRP1 function in living K562/adr and GLC4/adr cells American Journal of Pharmacology and Toxicology, 2010; 5(1): 24-33.
11. Dechsupa N. and Mankhetkorn S., P-glycoprotein-mediated efflux and drug sequestration in lysosomes confer advantages of K562 multidrug resistance sublines to survive prolonged exposure to cytotoxic agents, American Journal of Applied Sciences, 2009; 6(9): 1637-1646.
12. Dechsupa S., Kothan S., Vergote J., Leger G., Martineau A., Beranger S., Kosanlavit R., Moretti J.L., Mankhetkorn S., Quercetin, extracts of mamoa wood and Siamois? red wine induce apoptosis in human breast cancer MDA-MB-435 cells xenografts in vivo, Journal of Cancer Biology and Therapy, 2007; 6(1): 56-61.
13. Kothan S., Loetchutinat C., Dechsupa S., Moretti J-L., Mankhetkorn S.Quercetin induce ROSi depletion, impairment the mitochondrial function and apoptosis in K562 and K562/adr cells. Bulletin Chiang Mai Associated Medical Sciences, 2006; 39(2): 113-117.
14. Kothan S., Dechsupa S., Leger G., Moretti J.L., Vergote J. and Mankhetkorn S., Spontaneous mitochondrial membrane potential change during apoptotic induction by quercetin in K562 and K562/adr cells, Canadian Journal of Physiology and Pharmacology, 2004; 82(12): 1084-1090.
15. Reungpatthanaphong P., Dechsupa S., Meesungnoen J., Loetchutinat C. and Mankhetkorn S., Rhodamine B as a mitochondrial probe for measurement and monitoring of mitochondrial membrane potential in drug-sensitive and -resistant cells, Journal of Biochemical and Biophysical Methods, 2003; 57(1): 1-16.
Research and professional experiences
Researcher (PI) of National Research Council of Thailand (Development of Iron-Catechin compounds as theranostic agent into magnetic resonance imaging for liver cancer)
Researcher (PI) of National Research Council of Thailand (Procedure for Preparation of Maprang Seed Extract and Its Identification of Essential Molecules for Value-added)