Associate Professor Dr.Songyot Anuchapreeda
Associate Professor Dr. Songyot Anuchapreeda is Associate Professor of Medical Technology within Faculty of Associated Medical Sciences at the Chiang Mai University, Thailand. Songyot Anuchapreeda graduated from Department of Biochemistry, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University. He completed his doctoral research on the effect of turmeric curcuminoids on MDR1 gene promoter activity and P-glycoprotein function in cervical carcinoma cell lines. He has been a lecturer in medical technology in the clinical microscopy and MT-AMS-Cancer Research Unit. His researches now involve in inhibitory mechanism of active compounds from Thai medicinal plants on leukemic cell proliferation. The intensive mechanisms and cell signaling pathways of leukemic oncoproteins and protein tumor markers have been investigated. Moreover, nanotechnology and drug delivery system (DDS) are the field of interests, especially a leukemic cell targeting.
1. The medal for the excellent study in 1990 from The Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai University.
2. The certificate for achieved excellent in all aspects of this course (Biochemistry) of study from Graduate School of Chiang Mai University.
3. Outstanding Dissertation Award for the topic of Effect of Turmeric Curcuminoids on MDR1 Gene Promoter Activity and P-glycoprotein Function in Cervical Carcinoma cell lines from Graduate School of Chiang Mai University.
4. Outstanding Dissertation Award in the topic of Effect of Turmeric Curcuminoids on MDR1 Gene Promoter Activity and P-glycoprotein Function in Cervical Carcinoma cell lines from National Research Council of Thailand
5. Outstanding Young Researcher Award of Chiang Mai University (Golden elephant Medal Award) (23 November 2007).
6. Travel Grant Award 2008 Switzerland" from UICC Cancer Congress 2008 at Geneva, Switzerland
7. Travel Grant Award 2011 from the 70th Annual Meeting of Japanese Cancer Association (JCA), Japan
8. Outstanding Researcher Award 2012 of Department of Medical Technology, Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University (28 December 2012).
9. Outstanding Researcher Award 2014 of Department of Medical Technology, Associated Medical Sciences, Chiang Mai University (30 December 2014).
10. Outstanding Dissertation Award for the main advisor of graduate thesis (Master degree) 2011 from Graduate School of Chiang Mai University.
B.Sc. in Agriculture (Plant pathology), Faculty of Agriculture, Chiang Mai University
M.Sc. in Biology (Microbiology), Faculty of Science, Chiang Mai University
Ph.D. in Biochemistry with honors, Faculty of Medicine, Chiang Mai University
Postdoctoral degree (THE MATSUMAE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION or MIF) with the research project of Drug Delivery System (DDS) at Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Dept. of Physical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Kobe, Japan
1. Songyot Anuchapreeda, Sawitree Chiampanichayakul, Singkome Tima. Cell Morphology. 4th Edition, Santipab Pack-Print Co. Ltd. Kaeo Nawarat Rd., Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, 50000, Thailand, 2015. 220 pp.
2. Sawitree Chiampanichayakul, Songyot Anuchapreeda, Nutjeera Intasai, Singkome Tima. Bodyfluids. Santipab Pack-Print Co. Ltd. Kaeo Nawarat Rd.,Wat Ket, Mueang Chiang Mai, Chiang Mai, 50000, Thailand, 2015. 208 pp.
Selected current projects
1. Oncogenes and cell signal transduction
2. Cell signaling in leukemic cells, leukemic stem cells, cancers, and cancer stem cells
3. Natural product research
4. Biomarkers and molecular cell biology in leukemia and leukemic stem cells
5. Mechanism of multidrug resistance in leukemic cells, leukemic stem cells, cancers, and cancer stem cells
6. Mechanism of dietary herbs for cancer and leukemia therapy
7. Molecular study of medicinal and indigenous plants including some waste products for anti-leukemia drug development
8. Mechanism of eukaryotic gene expression
9. Nanoparticle productions for cancer therapy (drug delivery system and drug targeting)
1. Limtrakul P, Anuchapreeda S. The Object of the invention "Curcuminoid extraction process and the application of curcuminoids and chemotherapeutic drug incancers in Thailand" patent No. 077417 Date 18/10/45, Department of Intellectual Property, Nontaburi province, Thailand.
2. Limtrakul P, Ampasavate C, Anuchapreeda S. The object of the invention "Anti-P-glycoprotein Conjugated Nanoparticles for Targeting Drug Delivery in Cancer Treatment" patent No. 1003000613, Date 12/7/2553, Thailand.
3. Okonogi S, Anuchapreeda S, Tima S. Process of nano-curcumin production. Patent No. 1601003847, Date 28/06/2016, Thailand.
1. Limtrakul P, Anuchapreeda S, Namwong O, Lipigornroson S, Apisariyaku A, D?nn, F.W. Chemopreventive effect of dietary curcumin on TPA-induced skin tumors in mice, FASEB Journal; 12(8), Pages A1342, 1998.
2. Limtrakul P, Anuchapreeda S, Lipigorngoson S, Dunn F, Inhibition of carcinogen induced c-Ha-ras and c-fos proto-oncogenes expression by dietary curcumin. BMC Cancer ;1:1, 1-7, 2001.
3. Limtrakul P, Anuchapreeda S, Lipigorngoson S, Dunn F, Curcumin inhibits carcinogen induced c-Ha-ras and c-fos proto-oncogenes expression, and protein kinase C activity in mouse skin. Chiang Mai Med Bull; 40: 127-137. 2001.
4. Anuchapreeda S, Leechanachai P, Smith M, Ambudkar SV, Limtrakul P, Modulation of P-glycoprotein expression and function by curcumin in Multidrug resistant human KB cells. Biochem pharmacol. 64: 573-582, 2002.
5. Waiwut P, Anuchapreeda S, Limtrakul P. Curcumin inhibits P-glycoprotein level in carcinoma of cervix cells (KB-carcinoma cell lines) induced by vinblastine. Chiang Mai Med Bull. 2002; 41: 135-43.
6. Anuchapreeda S, Muangmoonchai R, Limtrakul P. Effect of curcuminoids on MDR1 gene promoter activity in human cervical carcinoma cells. Chiang Mai Med Bull. 41(4):189-202, 2002.
7. Limtrakul P, Anuchapreeda S, Bhudsuk D. Modulation of human multidrug-resistance MDR-1 gene by natural curcuminoids. BMC Cancer. 4(13):1-6, 2004.
8. Chearwae W, Anuchapreeda S, Nandigama K, Ambudkar S, Limtrakul P. Biochemical mechanism of modulation of human P-glycoprotein (ABCB1) function by curcuminoids purified from Turmeric powder. Biochem pharmacol. 68: 2043-52, 2004.
9. Anuchapreeda S, Wikan N, Tima S, Thanarattanakorn P, Sittipreechacharn S, Limtrakul P. Effect of curcumin on WT1 gene expression in human leukemic cells. J Med Tech Assoc Thailand. 33 (3):1252-64, 2005.
10. Limtrakul P, Anuchapreeda S, Bhudsuk D. Modulation of human multidrug-resistance MDR-1 gene by natural curcuminoids. Acta Horticulturae. 678: 75-83, 2005.
11. Anuchapreeda S, Sadjapong W, Duangrat C, Limtrakul P. The cytotoxic effect of curcumin, demethoxycurcumin and bisdemethoxycurcumin purified from Turmeric powder on leukemic cell lines. Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci. 39 (1): 60-71, 2006.
12. Anuchapreeda S, Thanarattanakorn P, Sittipreechacharn S, Chanarat P, Limtrakul P. Curcumin inhibits WT1 gene expression in human leukemic K562 cells. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 27 (3): 360-6, 2006.
13. Anuchapreeda S, Limtrakul P, Thanarattanakorn P, Sittipreechacharn S, Chanarat P. Inhibitory effect of curcumin on WT1 gene expression in patient leukemic cells. Arch Pharm Res. 29 (1): 80-87, 2006.
14. Anuchapreeda S, Thanarattanakorn P, Sittipreechacharn S, Tima S, Chanarat P. Limtrakul P. Inhibitory effect of curcumin on MDR1 gene expression in patient leukemic cells. Arch Pharm Res. 29 (10): 866-873, 2006.
15. Okonogi S, Tachakittirungrod S, Chowwanapoonpohn S, Duangrat C, Anuchpreeda S. Comparison of Antioxidant Capacity and Cytotoxicity of Certain Fruit Peel Extracts. Food Chemistry 103: 839-846, 2007.
16. Anuchapreeda S, Maiprasert K, Tima S, Limtrakul P. Effect of Curcuminoids on MDR Phenotype in Human Embryonic Kidney Cell Lines. Srinagarind Med J 22 (4): 425-433, 2007
17. Anuchapreeda S, Tima S, Duangrat C, Limtrakul P. Effect of pure curcumin, demethoxycurcumin, and bisdemethoxycurcumin on WT1 gene expression in leukemic cell lines. Cancer Chemother Pharmacol 62: 585-594, 2008.
18. Phromnoi K, Yodkeree S, Anuchapreeda S, Limtrakul P. Effect of bioflavonoids on MMP-3 and invasion of human invasive breast carcinoma cell line. Acta Pharmacologica Sinica. 30: 1169-1176, 2009.
19. Semsri S, Ampasavate C, Okonogi S, Srikamchum M , Anuchapreeda S. Effect of Mangosteen peel fraction extracts on WT1 gene and WT1 protein expression in leukemic cell lines. Songkla Med J 27: 389-403, 2009.
20. Ampasavate C, Ogonoki S, Anuchapreeda S. Cytotoxicity of extracts from fruit plants against leukemic cell lines. African J of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 4 (1), 013-021, 2010.
21. Tima S, Phanphuech B, Anuchapreeda S. Cytotoxic study of Houttuynia cordata Thunb crude extracts on HL-60 and Molt4 leukemic cell line. Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci. 43 (1): 30-38, 2010.
22. Khornkarn R, Okonogi S, Ampasavate C, Anuchapreeda S. Investigation of fruit peel extracts as sources for compounds with antioxidant and cytotoxicity activities, Food and Chemical Toxicology. Doi: 10.1016/j.fct.2010.05.014, 48: 2122-2129, 2010.
23. Phongpradist R, Chittasupho C, Okonogi S, Siahaan T, Songyot Anuchapreeda, Ampasavate C, Berkland C. LFA-1 on Leukemic Cells as a Target for Therapy or Drug Delivery, Current Pharmaceutical Design, 16: 2321-2330, 2010.
24. Boonrao M, Yodkeeree S, Chadarat Ampasavate, Anuchapreeda S, Limtrakul P. Inhibitory Effect of Turmeric Curcuminoids on Matrix Metalloproteinase-3 Secretion in Human Invasive Breast Carcinoma Cells, Arch. Pharm. Res, 33(7): 989-98. Epub, 2010.
25. Chiampanichayakul S, Anuchapreeda S, Chruewkamlow N, Mahasongkram K, Thanaratanakorn P, Kasinrerk W. Production of monoclonal antibodies to P-glycoprotein: Its application in detection of soluble and surface P-glycoprotein of leukemia patients. Int. J. Hematol. 92: 326-333, 2010.
26. Yucharoen R, Anuchapreeda S, Yingmanee Y. Anti-herpes simplex virus activity of extracts from the culinary herbs Ocimum sanctum L., Ocimum basilicum L. and Ocimum americanum L. African J of Biotechnolology, 10 (5), 860-866, 2011.
27. Chueahongthong F, Ampasavate C, Okonogi S, Tima S, Anuchapreeda S. Cytotoxic effects of crude kaffir lime (Citrus hystrix, DC.) leaf fractional extracts on leukemic cell lines, J Med Plant Res, 5(14), 3097-3105, 2011.
28. Semsri S, Sweeney C, Intasai N, Jomgeow T, Tima S, Limtraku P, Anuchapreeda S. Pure curcumin inhibits exogenous WT1 (+/+) isoform protein via degradation pathway and protein kinase C in transfected U937 cells. African J of Pharmacy and Pharmacology, 5(16): 1846-1856, 2011.
29. Iangcharoen P, Punfa W, Yodkeeree S, Kasinrerk W, Ampasavate C, Anuchapreeda S, Limtrakul P. Anti-P-glycoprotein conjugated nanoparticles for targeting drug delivery in cancer treatment. Arch Pharm Res, 34(10): 1679-1689, 2011.
30. Saeio K, Yotsawimonwat S, Anuchapreeda S, Okonogi S. Development of microemulsion of a potent anti-tyrosinase essential oil of an edible plant. Drug Discoveries & Therapeutics. 5(5): 246-252, 2011.
31. Anuchapreeda S, Fukumori Y, Okonogi S, Ichikawa H. Preparation of Lipid Nanoemulsions Incorporating Curcumin for Cancer Therapy. J of Nanotechnology, 1012(1012), Article ID 270383, 1-11, 2012.
32. Phongpradist R, Chiampanichayakul S, Tima S, Siahaan T, Berkland C, Anuchapreeda S, Ampasavate C. Potential cIBR-Conjugated PLGA Nanoparticles for Selective Targeting to Leukemic Cells. World Academy of Science, Engineering and Technology. 66, 252-260, 2012.
33. Phongpradist R, Chittasupho C, Intasai N, Teruna J Siahaan TJ, Berkland CJ, Anuchapreeda S, Ampasavate C. Biodegradable Nanoparticles Surface Modification Techniques with cIBR Peptide Targeting to LFA-1 Expressing Leukemic Cells. Journal of Nanotechnology in Engineering and Medicine. 3, 041005-1 - 041005-9, 2012.
34. Phongpradist R, Ampasavate C, Anuchapreeda S. Modifying of Targeted Nanoparticles for Lymphocyte Function Associated Antigen-1 Expressing U937 Cell Line Using cIBR Peptide. Advanced Science, Engineering and Medicine. 5, 1-7, 2013.
35. Tima S, Ichikawa H, Ampasavate C, Okonogi S, Anuchapreeda S. Inhibitory Effect of Turmeric Curcuminoids on FLT3 Expression and Cell cycle Arrest in the FLT3-Overexpressing EoL-1 Leukemic Cell Line. J Nat Prod. 77(4), 948-954, 2014.
36. Chaiyana W, Phongpradist R, Leelapornpisid P, Anuchapreeda S. Microemulsion-based hydrogel for topical delivery of indomethacin. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 7(2), 213-219, 2015.
37. Phongpradist R, Chaiyana W, Anuchapreeda S. Curcumin-Loaded multi-valent ligands conjugated -nanoparticles for anti-inflammatory activity. Int J Pharm Pharm Sci. 7(4), 203-208, 2015.
38. Naksuriya O, Shi Y, van Nostrum CF, Anuchapreeda S, Hennink WE, Okonogi S. HPMA-based polymeric micelles for curcumin solubilization and inhibition of cancer cell growth. Eur J Pharm Biopharm. 94, 501-512, 2015.
39. Somno A, Anuchpreeda S, Chiampanichayakul S. Expressions of P-glycoprotein, survivin and CD147 molecules on multidrug resistance leukemic cell line K562/Adr. Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci. 48(3), 173-181, 2015.
40. Sangkaruk R, Tima S, Rungrojsakul M, Chiampanichayakul S, Anuchapreeda S. Effects of Saraphi (Mammea siamensis) flower extracts on cell proliferation and Fms-like tyrosine kinase 3 expression in leukemic EoL-1 cell line. Bull Chiang Mai Assoc Med Sci. 49(2), 286-293, 2016.
41. Chaiyana W, Anuchapreeda S, Pimporn Leelapornpisid, Rungsinee Phongpradist, Helmut Viernstein, Mueller M. Development of Microemulsion Delivery System of Essential Oil from Zingiber cassumunar Roxb. Rhizome for Improvement of Stability and Anti-Inflammatory Activity. AAPS PharmSciTech. DOI: 10.1208/s12249-016-0603-2, 1-11, 2016.
42. Somno A, Anuchapreeda S, Chruewkamlow N, Pata S, Kasinrerk W, Chiampanichayakul S. Involvement of CD147 on Multidrug Resistance through the Regulation of P-glycoprotein Expression in K562/ADR Leukemic Cell Line. Leuk Res Rep. 6, 33-38, 2016.
43. Singkome Tima, Siriporn Okonogi, Chadarat Ampasavate, Chad Pickens, Cory Berkland, Songyot Anuchapreeda. Development and Characterization of FLT3-Specific Curcumin-Loaded Polymeric Micelles as a Drug Delivery System for Treating FLT3-Overexpressing Leukemic Cells. J Pharm Sci. 2016.
44. Utthawang W, Ampasavate C, Okonogi S, Rungrojsakul M, Chiampanichayakul S, Tima S, Anuchapreeda S. Low Doses of Partially Purified Fraction of Kaffir Lime (Citrus hystrix DC.) Leaf Extract Induce Cell Death in Molt4 Cells. Journal of Associated Medical Sciences 50 (1), 27-37, 2017
45. Tima S, Anuchapreeda S, Ampasavate C, Berkland C, Okonogi S. Stable curcumin-loaded polymeric micellar formulation for enhancing cellular uptake and cytotoxicity to FLT3 overexpressing EoL-1 leukemic cells. European Journal of Pharmaceutics and Biopharmaceutics. 114, 57-68, 2017.
Research and professional experiences
Assistant researcher of The Royal Project (Antracnose resistant in mangoes after harvesting)
Assistant researcher of NSTDA project (Development of the method for aflatoxin detection in corn by strip ELISA)
Assistant researcher of Chulabhorn Research Institute (AIDS research)
Assistant researcher of American Institute for Cancer Research (AICR) (Diet and Cancer: Mechanistic studies)
Researcher of AVON project (Inhibition of melanin synthesis by plant extract)
Researcher of Chiang Mai University Fund (The Cytotoxic Effect of Curcumin, Demethoxycurcumin and Bisdemethoxycurcumin on Leukemic Cell Lines)
Researcher of Associated Medical Sciences Fund (Effect of Turmeric Curcuminoids on WT1 mRNA Expression in Leukemic Cell Lines)
Researcher of National Science and Development Agency (NSTDA) (Research and development of curcuminoids in cancer treatment with chemotherapeutic drugs)
Researcher of National Science and Development Agency (NSTDA) (Study and Development of Biomedical Technologies for Production of Antigens and Antibodies for Research on Disease Diagnosis Prevention Treatment and Service.
Researcher of Associated Medical Sciences Fund (The cytotoxic effect of some medicinal and indigenous plants including some waste products on K562 and U937
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand (the Molecular study of some medicinal and indigenous plants including some waste products for anti-leukemic drug development).
Researcher of Thailand Research Fund (TRF) (The Research of the Antioxidant in Medicinal Plants in Thailand)
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand (the Molecular study of some medicinal and indigenous plants including some waste products for anti-leukemic drug development)
Postdoctoral Research (Grant from THE MATSUMAE INTERNATIONAL FOUNDATION or MIF Nanocurcumin production for Drug Delivery System (DDS) at Laboratory of Pharmaceutics and Drug Delivery, Dept. of Physical Pharmacy, Faculty of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Kobe Gakuin University, Kobe, Japan)
Researcher of the National Nanotechnology (NANOTECH) Research and development of effective nanotechnology drug delivery system (DDS) for anticancer therapy
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand Peptide conjugated nanoparticle for drug delivery system in cancers
Researcher of Associated Medical Sciences Fund Effect of exercise and Turmeric curcumin on platelet aggregation in athlete using collagen, ADP, and epinephrine stimulation
Researcher of the National Nanotechnology (NANOTECH) Research and development of effective nanotechnology drug delivery system (DDS) for anticancer therapy
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand Study of anticancer activity of nanoparticles of bioactives from mangosteen
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand Inhibitory Effect of Lipid Nano-Emulsions Incorporating Curcumin on Leukemic Cell Growth
Research Grant for Mid-Career University Faculty of the Thailand Research Fund (TRF) (Inhibitory mechanistic investigation of curcumin on downsteam of c-Jun N-terminal Kinase (JNK) related specific transcription factor to downregulate WT1 gene expression)
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand, Research grant program Value Adding of Mammea siamensis seed extract for anti- cancer drugs
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand, Research grant project Effects of Turmeric Curcuminoid Nanoparticles on FLT3 Protein Expression to Suppress Cell Proliferation in Leukemic Cell Lines with the research grant of 886,000 THB.
Researcher for the Ph.D. student of 15st Royal Golden Jubilee (RGJ) Effect of Curcumin Nanoparticles Specific to Targeted Leukemic Cell having FLT3 Protein Expression on the Cell Surface
Researcher of National Research Council of Thailand, Research grant project Effects of Turmeric Curcuminoids and Tetrahydrocurcumin on Wilms' Tumor 1 Protein Expression in Leukemic Stem Cells with the research grant of 820,000 THB.